Tidbits on the repercussions of secession
If you are one of the riled-up citizens of the few States wishing to secede from the Nation, there are a few things you should know about the act of secession before pursuing your wild and zany goals:
- If your State secedes from the United States… hope that your State can provide you with all the fundamentals for living because in a secession, your State cannot obtain goods or services out of its State boundaries – for example: food items (canned goods, dry goods, meats, grains, potatoes, fruit, etc.).
- Pull out the wave radios and CBs! Because if you’re thinking of seceding from the United States… hope that your State has direct access to rocket-propelled satellite systems, because without the assistance of the Federal Government (FTC), your State will no longer have access to satellite television, the Internet, basic phone and cable services, facsimile services or cell phone services. Like listening to or watching Glenn Beck? Guess you won’t be watching him on your high-def television or listening to him on your local radio. Of course if you have a set of rabbit ears and some aluminum foil…oh, wait a minute, do those televisions even exist anymore?
- If you’re thinking of seceding from the United States… pray that God will save your life and limb when disaster strikes; because without the aid of the Federal Government, no longer will your State be eligible for federal funding to help rebuild your community, your county or your State. As well, local National Guard servicemen and women will be redistributed to other non-secessionary States so that too, will no longer be a resource for your State in the event of a natural or man-made disaster. In addition, since your State will have seceded from the United States, all federal military bases will be shut down and deployed from your State – so much for that booming economy next to that Air Force, Marine, Army, Coast Guard or Naval base.
- Like civility and peace of mind? Not anymore! When your State secedes, all inmates incarcerated at State and Federal levels must be released because without federal funding, many of these law enforcement protection services will be slashed dramatically. That goes for fire protection services and emergency medical services, too.
- If you’re thinking of seceding from the United States… medications, chemicals, food items, and other usable material or ingestible items will no longer be federally tested or regulated for safety. Since the FDA is a Federally-sponsored service, you will become the guinea pig for anything you ingest, use, or allow your children to play with.
- If you’re thinking of seceding from the United States… your hard-earned “tax dollars” will no longer be worth the paper it is printed upon. In fact, since most of your State’s banking systems will no longer be FDIC Insured; you might as well kiss those greenbacks goodbye forever. So while your State secedes from the Nation, your money will not buy you anything, pay for anything or be good for anything, for that matter. Hope you have loads of extra gold, silver, diamonds or other valuables lying around because you better get used to the “good old days” and get into the habit of bartering.
- If you’re thinking of seceding from the United States… hope your organized religious organizations can put the clothes on you and your family’s backs because nine times out of ten, your State does not manufacture the underwear, socks, shoes, pants, shirts, coats, hats, scarves, mittens, toiletries (toilet paper, mouth wash, hair shampoo/conditioner, tampons, condoms, soap, etc.) or boots you have grown so accustomed to buying from Wally World. On that note, stores like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Dollar Tree, Belk, Publix, etc. probably will not be able to offer you the merchandise you are accustomed to. In fact, if they are even operational, they will only be able to offer you local items. So … if you live in South Carolina for example, hope you like peaches and chicken… because most of the packaged meat at the local Piggly Wiggly comes from Mexico. No more trading will be available because guess what? In order to get to SC, trucks and other transportation services must travel through the Union FIRST.
- Which brings us to the next note: If you’re thinking of seceding from the United States and you are a “frequent flyer” for business or pleasure that will no longer be available to you. In fact, services like RTX, Greyhound, Amtrak, Delta, Pan-Am, US Airways, Southwestern, Jet Blue, United Airlines, etc. will no longer be able to come in or go out of your seceded State because they are no longer part of the “United States” (FAA) and all-new treaties will have to be signed in order to travel in or out of your State.
- If you’re thinking of seceding… gas and other natural resources will be going at a faster-than-the-speed-of-light rate so drag out the mule, the horse, or the dog sled to carry you and your family from point A to point B… because gas ain’t gonna get you there.
- If you’re thinking of seceding… and you have a special-needs family member, get used to taking care of the individual 24/7 because without payment for services you are SOL.
- If you’re thinking of seceding… and you like the fact that your kids can get a nearly-free education, kiss that goodbye as well. Since most public schools and colleges depend on federal grants and other federal funding to stay functioning, that too will no longer exist. Maybe your local church will voluntarily teach your children the foundation of reading, writing, and arithmetic’s; not to mention, chemistry, physics, biology, science, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, geography, etc. Ah heck, who needs all those extra classes anyway? Oh yeah… doctors, nurses, surveyors, civil engineers (road and bridge builders, highway system manufacturers, etc.), computer engineers, teachers, psychologists, psychiatrists, mechanics, pharmacists, water treatment plant operators, electricians (i.e., HVAC repairmen) and farmers (yes, those too), among several other professions.
- Into the Pentecostal or Mormon religions? Okay, doesn’t really matter. If your State secedes, you might be mandated to prescribe to one certain religion. Hope you have free Wednesday nights and Sundays…oh wait a minute, yeah – you’ll have plenty of available time because you really won’t have anything else to do.
- If you’re thinking of seceding… your governor becomes your Commander in Chief. Since he will no longer answer to anyone higher than himself, if he decides that you can no longer own Chihuahuas, eat salt (Oh…wait, salt isn’t manufactured in every State so you might not have that anyway), smoke cigarettes, or drink moonshine (because we all know that Budweiser does not originate in every single State), then you are SOL.
- Like entertainment? Hope you enjoy local plays and bands, church choirs, and long walks in parks* (*which isn’t half-bad if I must say so myself). If you’re thinking of seceding, all those blockbuster films won’t be coming to your State because it is no longer part of the United States (trade restrictions). Furthermore, since some bands might just be too “Yankee” for a State, or simply cannot make it to your State because of the lack of transportation services (see paragraph G), then you won’t be listening to your favorite singer or group.
- Hope you like Brown! See what “Brown” can do for you because hopefully, if your State is legally allowed to send parcels and other mail items, UPS will become the one and only primary mail server for ALL your mailing needs… because the US Postal Service won’t be… anymore.
- Got Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, disability or social security? Not anymore! Thanks to your State seceding from the United States, you and any other citizens receiving these federally-sponsored health and livelihood programs will no longer receive these essentials. Hopefully your State has the fundamental resources to care for you because these services and programs will be obsolete.
- Got stocks, bonds, and a 401k? Not anymore! Because if your State secedes from the Nation, none of those US Dollar-affiliated financial sources will benefit you now or in the future.
- Paying for that mortgage on that cushy double-wide or brick ranch home you bought? Not anymore! Since most mortgage loans are made by banking systems and your home is in a non-United States’ State, your friendly mortgage company will be calling in the loan on your home because it must be paid in full ( you know… those US dollars in your State aren’t going to be worth squat). If you and others do not pay your mortgage in full, you and all of those who do not will be personally responsible for the economic collapse of your community, your State and all those other United States because nine times out of ten, your town, county and State gets a piece of the pie on land taxes, home taxes, vehicle taxes, etc. Speaking of vehicles, since your car or SUV doesn’t have any gasoline; you can probably park those babies and let the repo-man come pick them up as well.
So, let’s recap: If you’re thinking of seceding, you won’t have access to health care because you won’t have a dime worth spit to pay for those services. If you’re thinking of seceding, your children will grow up ignorant because public school systems will become a thing of the past (probably better anyway because they can be more easily manipulated as they grow older). If you’re thinking of seceding, many of you will probably perish because food and other usable items (ones that are available, that is) will not be safety-tested for consumption or personal (or professional) use. If you’re thinking of seceding, you won’t have a roof over your head because your mortgage company has called in your loan. If you’re thinking of seceding, you won’t be able to talk to Grandma or Grandpa in Iowa because you have no communications services. But that’s okay, since your State has seceded; it is finally free and liberated from the evils of a “socialistic” society. Your State FINALLY has its country back! Thank God! Let’s celebrate with a tea party Cuban-style. 🙂
Copyright – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
OPED: So you’re thinking of seceding
By CarolAnn Bailey-Lloyd
PS. If your State does secede, please let me know how that seceding thingy works out for ya…