If you’re reading this, you’ve probably explored some of the aspects of the social media network giant, twitter…but you’re so addicted to it that you just wanted a little bit more info to add to your memory banks — for future reference, of course.
Though many social media networks promise interactive mini-blogging and user-friendliness, twitter takes the Internet by storm with its clever ease of use and practicality. But what makes twitter one of the primo sites to get your networking groove on, is the fact that it’s so simple to use — a chimp could almost master it. Okay… well, maybe not a chimp…but a highly-trained chimp, for sure.
Since you’ve already created your twitter page and you’ve achieved a respectable amount of followers, now is the time to dive further into the diverse realms of twitter. First, let me say that twitter is the exponent of modern Internet culture and society. Part of a greater IT movement, or paradigm shift in communications, twitter offers individuals the flipside of intelligent marketing and selfless promotion through an integration of oneness. On twitter, there are no two people alike, yet we all share common bonds: we all want to move forward in life, and grow personally and professionally on many levels. That’s the phenomenal key to twitter – it’s self rewarding in more ways than one.
Let’s talk about some of the fascinating ways you can facilitate twitter to make it your niche source for both business and pleasure. Without further adieu, here are five things you’ll learn about twitter:
1. When Shakespeare’s Hamlet asks the question, “To be or not to be,” one twitter boggle rings in my mind, “To follow or not to follow — that is the question.” Like it or not, you’re going to be followed. Over time, you’ll have your own set of twitter groupies, who all want to learn more about you — what you do, your thoughts, your work, your hobbies, your interests, your lifestyle, your ideas…and more. Interestingly enough, the majority of your followers are random people you’ve never known or seen in your life — but suddenly, you’re quick to refer to them as friends and comrades, share a laugh or two, and maybe even your deepest, darkest secret. On twitter, almost every one is frank and open about their lives. Before you know it, together you’ll be exchanging recipes, swapping links, and critiquing the latest “Dancing with the Stars,” among other current events and philosophies.
2. Twitter is a band of brothers…and sisters. For the most part, twitter is a kinship of folks from all walks of life. If you or someone you know falls ill or experiences adversity in life, you’ll soon discover that twitter tweeple care…a lot. Whether you’ve lost your dog, your job, or are just down in the dumps, twitter tweeple are the BEST! Just mention a short tidbit about what’s going on in your life, and within minutes, you’ll discover twitter pals you never had. Some may offer advice, others offer comfort, and others genuinely attempt to give you direction in where you need to go from this point on. When I lost my main source of revenue a few weeks ago, I was fairly devastated. It seemed as though I’d had the wind knocked out of me…but when I mentioned that I’d lost my job, I was literally bombarded with positive thoughts, compassionate words, and meaningful leads and retweets to help me move forward in life. Truly, I’ve never seen so many wonderful tweeple leap to action on my behalf in so little time.
3. Twitter is into animals. Huh? Being the dog lover that I am, I was sincerely struck by the nature and passion of tweeple, who love their animal counterparts. Aside from the run-of-the-mill horse trainer, you’ll find twitter pages devoted entirely to pets.
One day you might see a twitter page for a cat; the next, it’ll be about adventures of a day in the life of a dog. There are tweeple, who offer tips on holistic healthcare for pets and those who just want to elaborate on animal behavior and how to better communicate with your furry friends. On twitter, you can learn how to teach your dog basic commands like sit, and stay…or how to keep Mittens the cat off the counters. Whatever pet you’re into, I can almost guarantee you there’s a twitter page about it…even a tyrannosaurus rex!
4. Twitter is for business. From Google to the local car dealership, every business-minded professional is jumping on the twitter expressway to get the word out about their services, products, events, news, and rock-bottom deals. It’s no surprise, either. With the current state of the economy, who wouldn’t use a free social networking tool like twitter for marketing purposes? Where else can you get free air time without all the hype and thousands upon thousands of twitter followers? Because twitter is fast becoming the cutting edge resource for everything under the sun, major news networks and television networks have integrated twitter into much of their on-air and online broadcasting events.
5. Twitter is for fun and learning. Even if you’re not Albert Einstein, I assure you that on twitter, you’ll learn insightful quotes from him and other notable historical figures. Don’t know when the next American Idol season finale is going to air? Just ask, and someone on twitter will give you the answer. Don’t know how to get a grape stain out of your area rug? Not to worry, tweeple on twitter will give you a number of ways to treat and rid the stain. Having issues with your Mac or laptop computer? On twitter, you’ll find a number of pc gurus ready to lend a helping hand. But twitter is not just about learning and exchanging ideas…in fact; it is overall about having fun while you work. You can turn a mundane work day into a mutually productive exchange of dreams, thoughts, plans, and even internships. Who knows? Twitter might just be the next big thing to the Big Mac…it might not super-size you physically, but it’ll surely help you to grow both personally and professionally.
Copyright – ALL Rights Reserved
5 Things you’ll learn about Twitter
By CarolAnn Bailey-Lloyd